1. This past week, the American Academy of Pediatrics reported that COVID cases in children accounted for almost 21% of all new cases. This is the highest it has ever been. Can you explain why cases are increasing in children?
2. Additionally, more families are reporting increasingly that children are contracting the virus in child care, preschools and schools. Previously this was not the case. What has changed?
3. Families are starting to make plans for children for summer camps and sports. What is a reasonable expectation for when children can be vaccinated?
4. In the meantime, is it safe for them to engage in these activities?
6. What do we know so far about the vaccine trials in children? Are there additional concerns to consider about reactions or responses to the vaccine especially for younger children?